The New Relationship Trust Foundation Board of Directors has committed to funding BC First Nations Kindergarten to Grade 12 (K-12) projects for 2016-2017 that are delivered at the community level. The K-12 Grant Initiative provides funding to BC First Nations to assist in the delivery of educational projects and promote student achievements.
- Applications need to have a letter of Support from BC First Nations Chief & Council (does not need to be a BCR).
- BC First Nations can apply for funding up to $5,000 for education projects that are related in the following three areas: English & Literacy; Math; and/or Science.
- Only one project application will be reviewed per BC First Nation.
- Projects that have received K-12 funding from the NRT Foundation are required to submit their final report before applying for new funds
Examples of Funded Projects Include:
- Education Projects (e.g. reading workshops with parent involvement, enhancing education through technology, homework clubs with tutors)
- Purchase Education Supplies for K-12 students (e.g. math computer games, tablets, apps, books, etc.)
- Aboriginal Parents as Literacy Supporters (APALS)
Until funds are exhausted
- K-12 Guidelines 2016-17 (PDF)